Pages

Sunday 30 June 2013

Project 365: Weeks 21 and 22

The tail end of May and the beginning of June. The last two weeks of May were clearly not memorable. I only have two photos! The beginning of June is the beginning of  Winter here in the Southern hemisphere and nature delivered right on cue. Cold, crispy frosty weather with a side order of rain. We don't get snow where I live except for exceptional once of twice in a lifetime events but it can get quite cold (tops of 7 or 8 degrees Celsius only). Maybe that's why there's very few photos. I didn't want to immortalize the rain.
Day 142: In the night garden.There are lights under that blue glass. When twilight hits, they come on and glow softly. This just means I am at work too late if the lights are coming on!
Day 151: Bling compass. The middle daughter made this for one of the girls she is working with. The story is that this girl forgets to take her compass off when she goes into the supermarket after she has been out on field work all day. She then feels that people stare at her and judge her for needing a compass to navigate around the supermarket. Hence, bling compass was born, a still functional fashion statement that you wouldn't feel embarrassed to be caught wearing in public.
Day 152: The boys black belt grading. It's only taken 11 years of training! Our discipline doesn't have junior black belts. You have to be at least 16 and physically and mentally capable of all the techniques required to be a black belt. I'm so proud of him. He's now the third black belt in my family (and the other two of us are just one belt off). This is a successful elbow strike through two 12mm pine boards.
Day 153: Future Doctor daughter playing radiant hat model. When we went to the Sunday market at Camberwell a few weeks ago, she was wearing one of my knitted hats and looking at what was on sale suggested I knit some more to sell at her friend's clothing stall and hence turn my slight knitting obsession into some useful cash. So I have been turning my needles to creating a supply of marketable hats for sale. This is Barnaby the cloche who will go to new home some day soon

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love you to say Hi. It's so much fun hearing from my cyber friends.