Pages

Friday 4 July 2014

Just a little divergence?

OK, sometimes I just get bored even if I am currently knitting like 5 other things. Hence the name of this project - Divergent.
This is a small divergence from the current knitting path. I saw the Divergent movie recently with my daughter and hubby and was incredibly impressed with the costuming. The colours in this would fit in Abnegation perfectly. And I just need to knit a hat. I haven’t done one this year so far. I had to buy a set of 5mm dpns for this. I can’t believe I didn’t have any amongst the hundreds of needles I own!
Pattern: Molly by Erin Ruth
Yarn: Passioknit Scandy Ayres in colourway Husk, 50% Acrylic, 41% Wool, 5% Nylon, 4% Mohair. You know how sometimes you just can't resist a yarn when you squish it in a wool store. The colours in this just sing to my heart.
Trying out Mel's homemade light box. Cool stash pics now possible.
Needles: 5mm set of 4 dpns. (Their inaugural knit).
Thanks to the eldest daughter for her impromptu modelling skills. She always rocks a hat, any hat at the drop of a hat. This was the knitting equivalent of a rich dark chocolate indulgence - rich and satisfying. It only took three evenings on a couch in total. I love how it turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love you to say Hi. It's so much fun hearing from my cyber friends.